Job posted: 06 05 2022
MCSnet has been providing high-speed internet to rural communities for 25 years. As Alberta’s homegrown internet service provider, our team understands the importance of investing in our local communities - because we live and work in them. We value our employees and their families because, to us, family and business are one and the same.
We currently have an opportunity for a Full-Time Infrastructure Technician to join our MCSnet team. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, Infrastructure Technicians are responsible for the maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, upkeep, and installation of the outside plant as well as inside plant equipment for MCSnet and its customers. Infrastructure technicians are responsible for the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of MCSnet’s network of rural towers.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Assembling or erecting communication towers using construction or rigging equipment.
- Checking and adjusting antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts.
- Installing, programing, testing, repairing and servicing a variety of technical complex low voltage equipment.
- Climbing communications towers to install, replace or repair antennas or auxiliary equipment used to transmit and receive radio waves.
- Installing all necessary transmission equipment components including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMA’s).
- Performing maintenance or repair work on existing tower equipment using hand or power tools.
- Performing general ground procedures, such as assembly of Microwave Dishes and steel structure assembly.
- Answering inquiries of Customers in a timely and professional manner
- Maintaining knowledge on Products and Service offered by MCSNet.
- Promoting and Selling MCSNet Products and Services.
- Following proper safety procedures and ensuring fellow employees adhere to safety standards.
- Diagnosing and Repairing issues concerning infrastructure.
- Ensuring tickets are created/updated in BAMS as work is completed.
- Providing after hours emergency response as required.
- Responding in a timely manner to emergency outages to minimize Network outages and downtime.
- Being available at all times when on call.
- Coordinating with Infrastructure Team Lead and/or Infrastructure Manager to make sure emergencies are properly diagnosed and dealt with.
- Updating outage notification in BAMS with a posted ETR (Estimated Time of Repair) and updating once the issue(s) has been resolved.
- Creating and closing tickets in BAMS concerning the cause of an outage or service response.
- Providing suggestions for repairing the issue.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Include but are not limited to:
- High School Diploma is required.
- Basic skills and knowledge in construction, electrical & wireless broadband equipment are required.
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience in the operation of commercial vehicles including towing of trailers is required.
- Previous knowledge of copper, fiber, installation, termination, and ISP/OSP would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience reading and interpreting blueprints and engineered drawings would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience tower rigging skills would be considered an asset.
- Previous electrical experience would be considered an asset.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude is required.
- Must be comfortable with heights (up to 300 feet).
- Fall Protection Certification is required.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license (NOT GDL) and clean driver’s abstract.
- Must be able and willing to travel as required.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds, as required.
- Must be able to operate power tools in a safe manner.
- Must possess strong diagnostic skills, with the ability to resolve technical problems.
- Must be self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Must have demonstrated a positive attitude with excellent Team Spirit.
- Must maintain a very polite and courteous demeanor.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, MCSnet can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values: Integrity, Respect, Courtesy, Communication, Teamwork, and Accountability.
If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
MCSnet thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.
Please note: MCSnet’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022, unless unable to do so pursuant to the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Submit your resume
deliver in person4810 50th Ave,
PO Box 98,
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A0