Gigabit Services Manager
Job posted: 26 07 2022
Gigabit Services Manager
Job Profile Summary
Reporting to the Chief of Innovation, the Gigabit Service Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the deployment, organization and design of MCSnet’s emerging technology gigabit final mile networks to ensure capabilities and services achieve optimum network performance for MCSnet customers. The Gigabit Service Manager will work with and assist the Network Manager and serve as backup for this role.
The responsibilities of the Gigabit Services Manager include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring adequate communication and training is provided to Customer Service, Technical Support, Contractors and Infrastructure to successfully deploy, maintain and support the networks.
- Identify resources, including new staff, required to achieve rapid deployment and work in tandem with existing team members to ensure successful product launch.
- Provide management and leadership oversight to a future team and/or coordinate resource sharing with other departments as required.
- Administer and maintain servers as determined in coordination with the software development team.
- Plans, researches, determines and purchases network equipment requirements
- In collaboration with CINO, develops all general R&D requirements; includes determining solutions for current & future infrastructure needs.
- Assist the Network Manager with network monitoring and coordination in event of outages.
- Provides after hours infrastructure support including technical support for installers and tower site issues.
- Oversees the day to day operations and activities of staff or contractors involved in projects.
- Provides guidance to the Infrastructure department and Technical Support staff, offering advice and direction on matters including (but not limited to) operations, new initiatives and human resources.
- Works with the HR department to recruit and select all direct department employees.
- Determines direct department salaries, budget and discretionary spending as well as Network equipment and R&D expenses.
- Works with the Corporate Sales Manager to develop price quotations for larger end user customers (ie: muni’s, corporations and larger gateways).
- Conducts annual performance reviews with all direct reports as well as dealing with ongoing performance issues.
- Direct reports in compliance with company security / risk policies & procedures.
- Establish strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Promotes a strong culture of team work as well as promoting MCSNet’s work Culture.
- Work with outside vendors, upper management, and leadership of other departments to ensure smooth processes.
- Plan and schedule project guidelines and goals while ensuring timelines are met.
- Manage MCSnet internal office and remote user IT and IT infrastructure, ensure that adequate technical support and logistics support is provided for employees (note that this does not include server infrastructure).
Measures of Performance
- Maintains the technological aspect and tools of the company operating smoothly so that employees in different areas can do their jobs as efficiently as possible.
- Ensures the network is up and running.
- Ensures network security.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the company & adheres to all company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work with confidential information.
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time well.
- Must be customer focussed with the ability to follow up on matters until a satisfactory resolution is achieved.
- Well developed interpersonal skills including working collaboratively with co-workers, are required.
- Must be able to work and complete tasks independently with a high level of self motivation.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or equivalent work experience required).
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Vast knowledge with Information Technology, with a commitment to ongoing training or professional development, is required.
- Expert level computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in various computer software are required.
- Knowledge of basic business and general office administration practices, processes and procedures, is required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule outside of office hours, including weekends when needed.
Submit your resume
deliver in person4810 50th Ave,
PO Box 98,
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A0