Internet Installation Contractor
Job posted: 05 01 2022
Internet Installation Contractor
MCSnet has been providing high-speed internet to rural communities for over 25 years. As Alberta’s homegrown internet service provider, our team understands the importance of investing in our local communities—because we live and work in them. We value our employees and contractors, and their families because, to us, family and business are one and the same.
MCSnet is currently recruiting new Internet Installation Contractors. Reporting to the Installation/Scheduling Manager, the Internet Installation Contractor will be the face of MCSnet and will complete internet installations and service calls within MCSnet’s service area. We are looking for highly motivated and independent individuals who can provide our customers with quality service and expertise. The Internet Installation Contractor will be fully trained using MCSnet’s customer service policies and our own internally-designed software.
Must have or willing to obtain:
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Limited Company
- Commercial Insurance Policy
- WCB Account
- Vehicle suited to perform fieldwork (truck or van)
- Clean Criminal Record
- Tools to perform internet installations and service calls
- Perform all installation functions associated with the addition, modification and removal of MCSnet’s technology equipment and hardware including testing, drilling and running cabling, terminating network Indoor and Outdoor Ethernet cable into RJ-45 ends
- Mount Tri-pod, J-Arm or Mast apparatus to structure and seal to ensure no leaks
- Familiarity with app-based programs
- Installation and servicing of wireless internet to residential and business customers
- Assess and troubleshoot equipment on site
- Analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs
- Comfortable working safely at heights due to extensive ladder work, tower climbing, (up to 40 ft towers) and working on roofs
- Accurately complete work orders as per scope of work
- Occasional availability to work extended hours as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers in a positive and professional manner
- 1 year previous experience in technical related fields
- Network experience would be preferred but not required
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Operate power tools skillfully
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, with a positive approach to customer service
- Well organized with good time management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and adapt to new technology/industry changes
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Hours are Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
If you would like to be a part of our team, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration with the subject heading “Internet Installation Contractor”.
MCSnet thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.
Please note: MCSnet’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022 unless unable to do so pursuant to the Canadian Human Rights Act.
To apply, please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your resume
deliver in person4810 50th Ave,
PO Box 98,
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A0