Infrastructure and Construction Technician
MCSnet has been providing high-speed internet to rural communities for 25 years. As Alberta’s homegrown internet service provider, our team understands the importance of investing in our local communities—because we live and work in them. We value our employees and their families because, to us, family and business are one and the same. We have each other’s backs the same way we have our customers’ backs.
What sets us apart:
- We know reliability matters and we deliver
- We believe in honesty and transparency
- We invest in our local communities because we are a part of them
We are looking for highly motivated and career-focussed individuals who believe in providing the best service and results for our customers. We offer a great working environment and company culture focused on nurturing professional growth.
Job Profile Summary:
- Provide technical and field support for tower and broadband equipment infrastructure
- Assist with new tower construction and tower upgrades
- Ensure existing infrastructure is functioning properly to conform with company mandate for network health, reliability, and service excellence
- Ensure company mandate is being followed along with all safety requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ensure safety requirements are met and certifications are kept up to date
- Tower climbing and rigging skills
- Basic skills and knowledge in construction, electrical, and wireless broadband equipment
- Excellent analytical skills; well organized with a strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Skilled in the operation of machinery with regards to tower construction and upgrades
- Strong follow-up skills; stays on top of the issue until satisfactory resolution is achieved
- Good verbal and written communication skills; strong listening skills
- Customer-focused with demonstrated customer relation skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills; works collaboratively with co-workers
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- OSSA Fall Protection Certification or Class 1 License
- Basic level computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in email, IP, Routing, RF, Internet Browser, Web Applications and BAMS
- Experience in operation of equipment and machinery
- Experience in the operation of commercial vehicles including towing of trailers
- Demonstrates leadership, team spirit, and coordination
Email resumes to email@example.com or deliver in person to MCSnet, 4810 – 50th Ave., St. Paul.
MCSnet thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.